Monday 11 April 2011

Illamasqua - quick haul

The magazine Stylist was offering 25% off purchases at Illamasqua and I just couldn't resist, especially as I was keen to try their new matte pigments which were released as part of the new Toxic Nature collection. I only ordered two items as I'm planning to make a trip to the Trafford Centre to see the actual products up close soon.

First, I ordered a Cream Pigment in Delirium; this is a lovely mauve-y purple which I'm wearing as a blush, eyeshadow and lip colour. It's very multi-purpose and it's a colour I really love (I sometimes wear Mac "Pink Cult" over the cheeks).


(click on images for detail, Blaze (top), Delirium (bottom)
Second purchase is swatched above; I decided to go for an older lipstick form Illamasqua instead of the current Orange that was released with Toxic Nature. I wore this yesterday and got a good 6-8 hours out of it; although drying it wasn't as bad as I expected. Really love this tone of orange and joins my ever growing collection of corals and oranges.

I was really impressed by the service from Illamasqua (ordered on Tuesday night, arrived Thursday morning). Along with the items was a small catalogue which included the beautiful pictures from the current collection.

Overall: A+ for service; A- for products.

No comments:

Post a Comment