Monday 11 April 2011

Barbie Collector... A worrying sign :S

On my second to last trip to London, I finally got to visit Harrods. I was extremely excited, and that's a bit of an understatement! Three things really drew me in: D&G, Laduree, and Barbies!

Whilst in the toy section, which was incredibly hard to find amongst the baby grows and pet gifts (??), I stumbled across the most beautiful barbie ever. I've never really owned a "doll" before and was never really into "girly" toys when I actually was a child. But this was so much more....




(click images for detail)

From the most intricate details such as jewellery and tights, to the gorgeous colour of hair, this is no typical Barbie. Joan was arguably the prettiest Mad Men Barbie, although Betty did look strikingly like the character. The notion of Barbie collecting and this "high end" range of Barbies is something I'm still not sure of but more information is available here: http://www.barbiecollector.com

This was my first Barbie, and my first "posh" Barbie. I'm sad to say that I may have developed a habit, three more have been bought, but two were for family members.

Barbie Collector is not readily available in the UK, as we cannot make orders form the US site listed above. Harrods have a section in their children's section, but this is not readily listed on their website. Ebay, Amazon and Play have all listed some of the Barbies.







No comments:

Post a Comment