Sunday 11 April 2010

Eczema Woes

Meow...

As a teenager I developed eczema on certain parts of my body (namely ankles, knees and elbows); this didn't really bug me as they were areas that were most of the time safely covered up, due to the coldness of the place I live in.

Two weeks ago I had an awful outbreak of eczema on my face, right near my f**king eye! I've only just started wearing contacts a few months ago, so now the task of sticking something so flimsy in my eye was made worse by the fear of aggravating or getting any emollient cream near my eye!  

Anyway one GP said just stick with E45 (seriously this stuff is rubbish for making any headway on the issue, it merely relieves any discomfort but for me proved woeful in tackling any of the actual eczema).

This week I had to go for an interview so obviously I did not want to appear like my skin was flaking and peeling off.  So I went to an NHS walk in centre (pretty much the best one I've ever been to-was seen and out of the building in under 15 minutes!). The GP then prescribed a steroid which I have used for two days very lightly and thinly on the area affected.  I am pleasantly surprised in how this stuff is quickly clearly the eczema.  The area, although slightly still visibly, is no longer flaky, lighter in colour and almost as smooth as the rest of my skin. This stuff is a God-send!  Anyway I thought I would use it for a few more days and see if it conclusively clears up this outbreak of eczema.

To follow: I'm making a diet plan and hoping that maybe I can work out if any foods are actually causing an allergic reaction which may in turn cause the eczema.  I'm also hoping to look into natural remedies and different ways of preventing eczema in the near future.


Stay tuned xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment